Sunday, June 15, 2008

Bear Lake 2008


I finally have something to blog about YAY!!  Last weekend I went down to Bear Lake with a group of friends from my ward.  We stayed in a BEAUTIFUL cabin surrounded by trees, I felt like I was in Oregon instead of Idaho.  The next day we drove down to Salt Lake and went to see drag racing at the Rocky Mountain Speedway.  We stayed at a friends house on Saturday and headed back up to Rexburg on Sunday.  I sometimes take for granted how nice it is to get out of Rexburg.  I'm only here for a month longer....and then I come back a month later.




Beautiful Scenery 
This picture could be on a Jones Soda bottle...
After a little tour around the lake,  we went to a little shack called "Gladys" and they have the most amazing deli sandwiches.  If you are ever there order the turkey avocado.
This is the view of the cabin from the creek



Our last day....hanging out on the porch waiting to get on the road

1 comment:

Ashleigh said...

Looks like fun! I love Jones soda (in the glass bottle of course), but it's a little too expensive for our daily budget . . . . It was perfect weather to be in Bear Lake last week. I've finally turned on the air conditioner because it's a little too unbearable now. Talk to you soon.